While reading reviews of the newest ipod, I stumbled across this gem. I didn’t make any of this up, I swear. If you are bored at first, keep reading…it gets better and better.
Pros: I-Pod Touch 4G is a nice small portable mobile device without any monthly payment, which I-phone requires.
I-Pod Touch provides MP3 music, photos, video and Internet accessibility.
Cons: Without computer and no Wi-Fi connectivity, I-Pod Touch is useless.
I-Pod Touch requires to have I-Tunes or it won’t work without I-Tunes for transferring files.
Mediocre Camera – very poor.
Short Battery life – requires more charging than often.
Summary: I-Pod Touch 4th generation (64GB) was my first Apple product I bought. It was the most disappointed product in my recent memory. I was frustrated and deeply disappointed with I-Pod Touch 4G. I will never buy Apple product again. We recommend avoiding I-Pod Touch because it will cost you more and it will force you to depend heavily on your computer that creates more hassles. Without computer and no Wi-Fi connectivity, I-Pod Touch is useless. If you are considering traveling in overseas, hiking in a wilderness in the mountain, boating on the seashore, and/or, driving on the vacation trip. I-Pod Touch will be out of touch because several places have not Wi-Fi accessibility.
Here are several reasons we do not like about I-Pod Touch:
1. A small plastic package of I-Pod Touch is hazardous to our health. After I received the mail package, I struggled to open an unusual plastic box of I-pod Touch for a half hour. I did not see any open signs on the plastic package. I finally opened up by snapping apart and it nearly cut my vein by sharp plastic edge. I did not realize that there were invisible tapes between two separate plastic containers.
2. There is no technical manual in the package. There is no detailed technical information to do how to operate. The package comes with a cheapen headphone and a small startup information folding sheet. I tried to figure out I-Pod Touch work to activate Wi-Fi accessibility because of a lack of technical manual and so, I had to look up in Internet.
3. I-Pod Touch requires Wi-Fi router. If you do not have Wi-Fi router or accessibility at your home, I-Pod Touch will not work for Internet accessibility. It will cost you more if you buy Wi-Fi router and subscription.
4. I-Pod Touch requires Apple software I-Tunes on your computer or any computer. If you want to transfer music, e-reader, etc without I-Tunes, then it never works. Everything is running by Apple monopolized I-Tunes for I-Pod Touch, I-Phone, and I-Pad. There is no such thing as “Cut and Paste” from CD music files to I-Pod Touch without using I-Tunes. Apple owned I-Tunes asked me my personal identification and credit card number in order to activate I-Tunes and I-Pod Touch after given my personal information to them. Apple wants you to buy their I-Tunes and many applications they sell for their huge profits. There is a poor management of playlists in I-Pod Touch and I-Tunes. There is an unpleasantly trick to reorganize playlists what you want.
5. Transfer Kindle e-books and other e-books to I-Pod Touch is extremely intricate and it is an very unfriendly and complex interface that frustrated and disillusioned several users, especially for readers.
6. Difficult to type correctly on I-Pod Touch made us annoying. I typed on it with my fat finger or thumb, and I tried to type correctly. It took a while to make perfection.
7. The screen does not change the position for a bigger size when I turned I-Pod touch to 90 degree. I-Pad does have capability to change the screen position when it turned 90 degree.
8. Mediocre Camera on I-Pod Touch is incredible poor. The photo looks somewhat fuzzy and it turned out to be much lower than 1MB pixel photo.
9. Battery did not last more than five hour. It forced us to charge more often than usual. Apple wants Ipod Touch users to attach to computers via USB in order to let Apple to spy your privacy especially I-pod users while Ipod Touch is charging.
I was duped to buy Ipod Touch 4G because enormous propaganda Apple advertisement lured me to buy this high-tech wonders toy that provides e-book readers, MP3 music, and Internet accessibility. Now we did not trust CNET reviews because CNET reviewers deliberately covered up the negative critics of these Apple products and they noisily encouraged us to buy I-Pod Touch by using their falsifying top-rank honor mark on this Apple product. I decided to send I-pod Touch back to the shop and refund for it.
Apple never learns the lesson for their fate of Macintosh PCs twenty years ago. Their goal is to monopolize for the profit purposes. Oil companies had successful monopolized our economy by serving gas stations to run our gas-running vehicles and we buy gas in order to keep our vehicle running. Without oil, our vehicle cannot run. Without electronic and oil, we return to a time of the Stone Age!